Saturday, November 22, 2014

Module 13

Megan Flinders

The Wired Society

I am very glad that I was able to take this course.  I felt the reading assignments were very informative and gave me great perspective on the globalization and flattening of the world.  Friedman's book gave me the confidence that I can make my voice heard from wherever I choose to live; meaning, I can work from home or be somewhat anonymous in the grand scheme of things, yet I can be a powerful influence for good due to the global connectivity of our society.

While there are many benefits of our technological world, there are also many scary topics as well.  Technology and connectivity can be used for good and benefit many people.  However, it can also serve as a platform for evil, such as discussed in terrorist organizations.  Therefore, it is important that we always have the right checks and balances in place to ensure our security as a society.  It is therefore important that we as individuals, be informed and express our voices.  I take this very seriously as I am raising children in this world, and want to prepare them for the future.

In all, I am glad I was able to read the book and additional articles that broadened my perspective.  Also, it was interesting to read my colleagues opinions and blogs and make comments.  Thank you for this class and what it stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment